A Patreon member comments on US refinery problems
-
I”m overjoyed to see that the number of Patreon subscribers is increasing.
One of the virtues is getting feedback from you. This is the best way to
exten...
What's the Point of AI, Anyway?
-
*The point of AI is profit, dependence and dominance cloaked with Happy
Story Hoopla about super-abundance. We have a super-abundance already--of
malicious...
How deep is Tulainyo Lake?
-
Regular readers may recall that I put a visit to Tulainyo Lake on my bucket
list a few years ago. Last week I did it. Impossibly remote, otherworldly
beaut...
Theory Beyond Theorems and Proofs: A Guest Post
-
Scott’s foreword: I’m extremely grateful to my brilliant colleagues,
Pravesh Kothari, Raghu Meka, and Prasad Raghavendra, for sharing the guest
post below ...
Saturday Is For Chores
-
Walking in the city center of ‘s-Hertogenbosch this afternoon, I saw this
person fixing their bike. In the midst of shoppers, tools were spread out
and foc...
Trump Is Definitely Considering Nuking Iran
-
Source: Hotpot.aiTrump is in a tight spot with the Iran war and needs to
find a way out before the midterms. A tactical nuclear strike on Iran's
nuclear ...
Stonehenge I Moon Circle and ECDO Theory
-
Our speculation in this article, particularly as it pertains to Structure 5
of the earliest rendition of Stonehenge — a moon circle, rather than a sun
circ...
Math after AI
-
For a very long time, my favorite activity was to sit and think about
mathematical questions. Staring at a blank sheet of paper, trying to grasp
in my mind...
A week of fika: ACM ICER 2026
-
A peaceful Wednesday night by the water.
By the end of this academic year, I needed a vacation. It was a year of
major disruptions to my federal research f...
Climate Etc. is now an archive
-
Climate Etc. closed in June 2026 and this site is preserved as a read-only
archive. This feed will not update again -- visit the homepage for where to
find...
Spring 2026 PCAS Update: Recruiting a new Lecturer
-
My last update on the University of Michigan’s Program in Computing for the
Arts and Sciences (PCAS) was in March 2024 (see post here). I did give some
upd...
Some thoughts about Bondi
-
Why did it happen? I think that the combination of four factors (listed
below) was close to a sufficient cause. Sufficient at least to make a
terrorist att...
No comments:
Post a Comment