I wrote a longer, more detailed version of my earlier blogged notes about tidying up the constructionist suitcase, which has been published in olpc news. It is attracting some comments, too.
Thanks to gary, km and tony for thoughtful comments received to the draft I sent around prior to publication. As it turned out the new co-editor, Bryan Berry, was happy with the draft version and so it was published without modification. Probably best to keep discussing with the wider audience at OLPC news for now.
I'll add in the references here since they were chopped from the olpc news version:
Educational Software: Designed by Kids for Kids. Bill Kerr, 1994
Fractions: A Weeping Sore in Mathematics Education. Nerida Ellerton and Ken Clements
Genetic Epistemology. Jean Piaget. 1968
Papert's Ideas: Mainly from Mindstorms. Bill Kerr. 1991
Software Design as a Learning Environment, Idit Harel and Seymour Papert. MIT. January 1990
The Emotion Machine, Marvin Minsky. Simon & Schuster. 2006
Some English beers
-
by Greg Mayer In honor of Drink Beer Day, and following up on the offerings
by Jerry and Andrew Berry, here are some beers I had on a trip to England
in Ja...
1 hour ago
No comments:
Post a Comment