Y’s First Anki Spaced Repetition Deck
-
Y is currently learning European countries and their capitals for school.
Of the 45 country/capital combinations to be learned on a blind map, 24
will be t...
Rubio’s amazing speech at Athens
-
I’ve been absent from Patreon for a few days because I’ve been in a
creative fury writing about what has made the West “Western.” From Athens
through Rom...
Moralized Trends Are Often Extended
-
Compared to the ancients, we moderns less moralize our personal lives, but
more moralize the bigger world around us.
How Technology Empowers—and Imperils—Dictators
-
*This essay was written with Seva Gunitsky, and originally appeared in
Foreign Affairs.*
Two weeks after Moscow’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine in March...
Ryan Serhant: How to Get People to Say Yes
-
Ryan Serhant is a real estate broker, founder of SERHANT., and star of
Bravo’s Million Dollar Listing New York and Netflix’s Owning Manhattan.
Public Rel...
The Mathocalypse
-
Last night my 9-year-old son was taunting my wife, complexity theorist Dana
Moshkovitz, as follows: “mommy, I heard you got cooked! I heard that a
robot so...
The market will crash if Trump steals the election:
-
from Dean Baker All the political experts are telling us that the
Republicans face a shellacking in November. The Democrats seem virtually
certain to win t...
What's the Point of AI, Anyway?
-
*The point of AI is profit, dependence and dominance cloaked with Happy
Story Hoopla about super-abundance. We have a super-abundance already--of
malicious...
How deep is Tulainyo Lake?
-
Regular readers may recall that I put a visit to Tulainyo Lake on my bucket
list a few years ago. Last week I did it. Impossibly remote, otherworldly
beaut...
Flawed premises in AI doomerism
-
[image: A stack of wavy lines, some more angular waves, a vertical barrier,
lots of pastel ellipses, and a brown ground, with a mechanical flower in
the mi...
Trump Is Definitely Considering Nuking Iran
-
Source: Hotpot.aiTrump is in a tight spot with the Iran war and needs to
find a way out before the midterms. A tactical nuclear strike on Iran's
nuclear ...
Climate Etc. is now an archive
-
Climate Etc. closed in June 2026 and this site is preserved as a read-only
archive. This feed will not update again -- visit the homepage for where to
find...
Spring 2026 PCAS Update: Recruiting a new Lecturer
-
My last update on the University of Michigan’s Program in Computing for the
Arts and Sciences (PCAS) was in March 2024 (see post here). I did give some
upd...
Some thoughts about Bondi
-
Why did it happen? I think that the combination of four factors (listed
below) was close to a sufficient cause. Sufficient at least to make a
terrorist att...
No comments:
Post a Comment