ECDO Theory Interactive Globe
-
An interactive globe showing the basic key features involved in the
Inertial Interchange True Polar Wander (IITPW) proposed by ECDO Theory.
A Pentridge memoir: a political prisoner’s story
-
Please indulge me in this promotion of my new book ‘A Pentridge memoir: a
political prisoner’s story’. A few readers might be interested and, as the
book i...
new issue of RWER – #114
-
real-world economics review issue 114 download whole issue Game Theory
and the Dilemma of Degrowth: Why Embrace Degrowth if Other States or
Societies ...
Get the Flock Out of Here
-
*The government gets the privately collected data and in return dismantles
or disables the guardrails that once protected the public from state and
private...
Who Are Your "Descendants"?
-
On AI risk, I’ve said that evolved things have two robust habits: wariness
of co-existing rivals, even when quite similar to you, and indulgence of
descend...
Monday Message Board
-
Another Monday Message Board. Post comments on any topic. Civil discussion
and no coarse language please. Side discussions and idees fixes to the
sandpits,...
House Cleaning My January 1, 2018 Predictions
-
Quick Summary: I am going to continue to do my yearly update on three sets
of technologies every January 1st. I am going to decouple them from my
predictio...
America’s War on an Independent World
-
How the United States is using oil, technology, transportation and the
dollar system to rebuild its declining global power.
The post %%post_title%% first ...
The three cornered container
-
In reply to The three cornered container by Chris Corrigan What stands out
to me reading this, is that I feel I have an intrinsic preference for the
emerge...
Jordan Triples and the Standard Model
-
I don’t usually talk about particle physics here. I have a whole series of
articles about octonions and the Standard Model on my other blog. But I’m
kind o...
NISQ and quantum supremacy did not fail
-
A week ago, a philosopher named Amit Hagar put out a preprint entitled The
NISQ Trap: Eight Years of Demonstrations the Hardware was Built to Lose.
Here’s ...
All Watched Over
-
I’ve recently been rereading Steven Levy’s “Hackers” with my daughter. Levy
describes how Brautigan’s 1967 poem “All watched over by machines of loving
gra...
CSTA 2026: CS teaching 2.0
-
[image: Rows of teachers interlined by arms, standing, facing stage, .]We
all hold hands at the Tuesday plenary.
Over my many years of traveling to confere...
Generative AI with tool calling in Scratch
-
In this post, I want to share a new feature in the generative AI support in
Machine Learning for Kids: tool calling. I wrote last year about how I
introduc...
Climate Etc. is now an archive
-
Climate Etc. closed in June 2026 and this site is preserved as a read-only
archive. This feed will not update again -- visit the homepage for where to
find...
In Defense of the Marginal Baby
-
This Father’s Day, I took some notes on parenting and put them together
here. The purpose of this post is to strongly advocate for people to
increment thei...
Retracing steps
-
This is sort of a follow-up to the My journey series. In that, I talked
about learning programming on 8-bit computers, and progressing onto much
more power...
Spring 2026 PCAS Update: Recruiting a new Lecturer
-
My last update on the University of Michigan’s Program in Computing for the
Arts and Sciences (PCAS) was in March 2024 (see post here). I did give some
upd...
Some thoughts about Bondi
-
Why did it happen? I think that the combination of four factors (listed
below) was close to a sufficient cause. Sufficient at least to make a
terrorist att...
No comments:
Post a Comment