Sunday, October 01, 2023

3D hand print: from atoms to bits and back to atoms

I adapted the idea from a tutorial at the Prusa Printables education site (free for schools, universities and other educational institutions but you have to apply to register) to develop an interesting 3D print of my hand

The tutorial was Autumn Leaves by Vesela Skola

I wasn’t happy with the recommended image to SVG converter so I searched around and one that worked well for me: Free image to SVG converter

The Autumn Leaves tutorial taught me how to prepare the images and then in Prusa Slicer to superimpose a hand image showing fingernails and knuckles onto the full hand backdrop. It also showed me how to alter the settings to print the hand with infill only (30% honeycomb) thus producing an attractive mesh effect.

No comments: