In December, last year at Polly Farmer we had a visit from Jono (check out his awesome site) to show us how to do Claymation. Here are some of the results. I did the nerdy maths one and the kids did the more creative ones.
My new course at UT Austin: AI Alignment Theory
-
This semester, I’ve been teaching a brand-new course, entitled CS395T AI
Alignment Theory. Here’s the course description: The astounding progress of
AI ove...
The market will crash if Trump steals the election:
-
from Dean Baker All the political experts are telling us that the
Republicans face a shellacking in November. The Democrats seem virtually
certain to win t...
Beat Döbeli und das Biblionetz
-
Das Biblionetz ist eine einzigartige Website, die mehr Aufmerksamkeit
verdient. Es beschreibt viele tausende Bücher, Artikel, Texte und
Ausschnitte, und de...
What's the Point of AI, Anyway?
-
*The point of AI is profit, dependence and dominance cloaked with Happy
Story Hoopla about super-abundance. We have a super-abundance already--of
malicious...
How deep is Tulainyo Lake?
-
Regular readers may recall that I put a visit to Tulainyo Lake on my bucket
list a few years ago. Last week I did it. Impossibly remote, otherworldly
beaut...
Flawed premises in AI doomerism
-
[image: A stack of wavy lines, some more angular waves, a vertical barrier,
lots of pastel ellipses, and a brown ground, with a mechanical flower in
the mi...
Trump Is Definitely Considering Nuking Iran
-
Source: Hotpot.aiTrump is in a tight spot with the Iran war and needs to
find a way out before the midterms. A tactical nuclear strike on Iran's
nuclear ...
Climate Etc. is now an archive
-
Climate Etc. closed in June 2026 and this site is preserved as a read-only
archive. This feed will not update again -- visit the homepage for where to
find...
Spring 2026 PCAS Update: Recruiting a new Lecturer
-
My last update on the University of Michigan’s Program in Computing for the
Arts and Sciences (PCAS) was in March 2024 (see post here). I did give some
upd...
Some thoughts about Bondi
-
Why did it happen? I think that the combination of four factors (listed
below) was close to a sufficient cause. Sufficient at least to make a
terrorist att...
No comments:
Post a Comment