So Labour sacked the unpopular and unelectable Rudd and appointed the popular Gillard as Prime Minister so they could win the upcoming election. But now the "popular" Gillard has made Abbott the Coalition more popular than she is, so the "unpopular" Rudd has stepped forward to campaign more broadly in order to convert the now unelectable Labour into electable Labour.
How To Be A Usually-Right Contrarian
-
We rightly celebrate rebels who were initially contrarian on key claims,
but then got the world to later agree with them.
The Joyless Pantomime of Optimizing Ennui
-
*The joyless pantomime of optimizing our alienation is not a substitute for
authentic fulfillment. *
*We all know that geopolitics, the stock market, AI, ...
Vulnerabilities in Car Anti-Theft Device
-
This is disturbing:
…a team of security researchers at UC San Diego, who found that a model of
aftermarket car alarm known as the KARR Security System, i...
Rethinking the growth imperative
-
from Lars Syll The concept of a ‘growth imperative’ — the idea that
capitalist economies must continually expand — can be fruitfully examined
through the l...
Monday Message Board
-
Another Monday Message Board. Post comments on any topic. Civil discussion
and no coarse language please. Side discussions and idees fixes to the
sandpits,...
Wall Street’s Two Wings
-
The 2026 US midterms may expose a broken party system as Trump, corporate
Democrats and grassroots socialists prepare for a deeper class conflict.
The pos...
ECDO Theory Interactive Globe
-
An interactive globe showing the basic key features involved in the
Inertial Interchange True Polar Wander (IITPW) proposed by ECDO Theory.
A Pentridge memoir: a political prisoner’s story
-
Please indulge me in this promotion of my new book ‘A Pentridge memoir: a
political prisoner’s story’. A few readers might be interested and, as the
book i...
Jordan Triples and the Standard Model
-
I don’t usually talk about particle physics here. I have a whole series of
articles about octonions and the Standard Model on my other blog. But I’m
kind o...
NISQ and quantum supremacy did not fail
-
A week ago, a philosopher named Amit Hagar put out a preprint entitled The
NISQ Trap: Eight Years of Demonstrations the Hardware was Built to Lose.
Here’s ...
All Watched Over
-
I’ve recently been rereading Steven Levy’s “Hackers” with my daughter. Levy
describes how Brautigan’s 1967 poem “All watched over by machines of loving
gra...
CSTA 2026: CS teaching 2.0
-
[image: Rows of teachers interlined by arms, standing, facing stage, .]We
all hold hands at the Tuesday plenary.
Over my many years of traveling to confere...
Generative AI with tool calling in Scratch
-
In this post, I want to share a new feature in the generative AI support in
Machine Learning for Kids: tool calling. I wrote last year about how I
introduc...
Climate Etc. is now an archive
-
Climate Etc. closed in June 2026 and this site is preserved as a read-only
archive. This feed will not update again -- visit the homepage for where to
find...
In Defense of the Marginal Baby
-
This Father’s Day, I took some notes on parenting and put them together
here. The purpose of this post is to strongly advocate for people to
increment thei...
Retracing steps
-
This is sort of a follow-up to the My journey series. In that, I talked
about learning programming on 8-bit computers, and progressing onto much
more power...
Spring 2026 PCAS Update: Recruiting a new Lecturer
-
My last update on the University of Michigan’s Program in Computing for the
Arts and Sciences (PCAS) was in March 2024 (see post here). I did give some
upd...
Some thoughts about Bondi
-
Why did it happen? I think that the combination of four factors (listed
below) was close to a sufficient cause. Sufficient at least to make a
terrorist att...
No comments:
Post a Comment