Finding The Money
-
from Lars Syll Here you can watch Finding The Money for free MMT is
fundamentally a reaction to the way money is described in mainstream
economic theory, w...
House Cleaning My January 1, 2018 Predictions
-
Quick Summary: I am going to continue to do my yearly update on three sets
of technologies every January 1st. I am going to decouple them from my
predictio...
America’s War on an Independent World
-
How the United States is using oil, technology, transportation and the
dollar system to rebuild its declining global power.
The post %%post_title%% first ...
Nate Silver discovers the educated poor
-
My son Daniel points me to a piece by Nate Silver which announces the
discovery that highly educated workers with low or precarious income are
the natural ...
Our Likely Future Filter: World Govt
-
The great filter (a term I coined) is all the things that block simple dead
matter from evolving into an advanced civilization easily seen from far
away.
The three cornered container
-
In reply to The three cornered container by Chris Corrigan What stands out
to me reading this, is that I feel I have an intrinsic preference for the
emerge...
Jordan Triples and the Standard Model
-
I don’t usually talk about particle physics here. I have a whole series of
articles about octonions and the Standard Model on my other blog. But I’m
kind o...
NISQ and quantum supremacy did not fail
-
A week ago, a philosopher named Amit Hagar put out a preprint entitled The
NISQ Trap: Eight Years of Demonstrations the Hardware was Built to Lose.
Here’s ...
All Watched Over
-
I’ve recently been rereading Steven Levy’s “Hackers” with my daughter. Levy
describes how Brautigan’s 1967 poem “All watched over by machines of loving
gra...
CSTA 2026: CS teaching 2.0
-
[image: Rows of teachers interlined by arms, standing, facing stage, .]We
all hold hands at the Tuesday plenary.
Over my many years of traveling to confere...
The Ghosts of Antonio Gramsci
-
Andy Merrifield’s Roses for Gramsci, a highly personal history of the
Italian thinker and his work, examines his influence across generations.
Book Review ...
CHINA AND THE LEFT – forum transcript
-
On September 25, 2025, the Platypus Affiliated Society chapter at the
Australian National University hosted a public forum on China and The Left.
The speak...
Generative AI with tool calling in Scratch
-
In this post, I want to share a new feature in the generative AI support in
Machine Learning for Kids: tool calling. I wrote last year about how I
introduc...
Climate Etc. is now an archive
-
Climate Etc. closed in June 2026 and this site is preserved as a read-only
archive. This feed will not update again -- visit the homepage for where to
find...
In Defense of the Marginal Baby
-
This Father’s Day, I took some notes on parenting and put them together
here. The purpose of this post is to strongly advocate for people to
increment thei...
Retracing steps
-
This is sort of a follow-up to the My journey series. In that, I talked
about learning programming on 8-bit computers, and progressing onto much
more power...
Spring 2026 PCAS Update: Recruiting a new Lecturer
-
My last update on the University of Michigan’s Program in Computing for the
Arts and Sciences (PCAS) was in March 2024 (see post here). I did give some
upd...
Some thoughts about Bondi
-
Why did it happen? I think that the combination of four factors (listed
below) was close to a sufficient cause. Sufficient at least to make a
terrorist att...
No comments:
Post a Comment