John McWhorter goes all in for land acknowledgments
-
Although John McWhorter may have been taken on board the New York Times as
a reliably “heterodox” columnist (remember his bestselling critique of
wokeism W...
The Homogenization of Decay
-
*This is Essay #5 in the series Truth Be Told. *
*Of the many dynamics generating systemic decay, none are more pervasive
yet unrecognized than The Homoge...
The Arc of Browsing Bends Towards Firefox Yet Again
-
The Arc Browser will go away by December, as the company behind it will
pursue their AI-first browser. I like the Chromium based Arc browser, as it
moves i...
The Science of Doing Your Best Work
-
Steven Kotler is a bestselling author and the executive director of the
Flow Research Collective, where he studies the science of peak performance.
Publi...
Vote!
-
Today, I take a break from your regularly-scheduled AI mathocalypse
programming to urge my American readers to vote in the Congressional
midterms, early if...
Write letters!
-
There is an opening to express leftwing views through writing letters to
the editors of newspapers. I’ve had some recent success. I urge my comrades
to do ...
What Will Exporters Accept Instead of Dollars?
-
Selling oil is one thing. Getting paid in something you can use is another.
A country can run a trade surplus and still find itself holding another
gover...
Why Might Aliens Visit Earth?
-
I did a web search on the above phrase, in prep for a podcast, and in ten
pages of results didn’t find anything I thought reasonable.
How deep is Tulainyo Lake?
-
Regular readers may recall that I put a visit to Tulainyo Lake on my bucket
list a few years ago. Last week I did it. Impossibly remote, otherworldly
beaut...
Flawed premises in AI doomerism
-
[image: A stack of wavy lines, some more angular waves, a vertical barrier,
lots of pastel ellipses, and a brown ground, with a mechanical flower in
the mi...
Trump Is Definitely Considering Nuking Iran
-
Source: Hotpot.aiTrump is in a tight spot with the Iran war and needs to
find a way out before the midterms. A tactical nuclear strike on Iran's
nuclear ...
Climate Etc. is now an archive
-
Climate Etc. closed in June 2026 and this site is preserved as a read-only
archive. This feed will not update again -- visit the homepage for where to
find...
Some thoughts about Bondi
-
Why did it happen? I think that the combination of four factors (listed
below) was close to a sufficient cause. Sufficient at least to make a
terrorist att...
No comments:
Post a Comment