Sunday, September 29, 2024

initial laser cuts

After my ruptured achilles accident I had to relocate from Alice Springs to Adelaide for surgery. Adelaide has an excellent Maker Space facility so I've joined up and am learning how to use one of their laser cutters.

Last year, as part of an Inventiveness course, I did these two as 3D prints (here) to make painted tiles. So, interesting to compare the 3D print version with a laser cut engraved version.

One of the helpful people at Maker Space gave me a link to a great site about making boxes. Here are some of the products:
Hinged box
Flex box
Shutter box

Then I received a request to make the dungeon and dragons dice box on that site. I then added a couple of dragon images obtained from the Free SVG site. This worked well but there was some burn marks on the surface. Perhaps I can find a work around to eliminate this?

No comments: