Tuesday, July 18, 2023

working with acrylics

This follows on from my earlier posts about the Turtle Art tiles project and working with clay. Since I don't have an art background I needed to look up guidelines and then try them out in practice.
  • high quality acrylics look much better than the kids version; even so these ones I bought from Mad Harry’s seem quite good to me
  • Paper plate for a pallete works fine
  • Plastic kitchen place mat from Woolies 
  • Don’t let the paint dry. If you are interrupted, then cover with gladwrap
  • Wash out your brushes in a glass of water and dry with a paper towel to change colours
  • Gently paper towel brushes at end to keep the bristles shaped, stray brush hairs are bothersome
  • Blend colours, eg. I blended green and white for the border colour
  • I still haven’t bought glaze but plan to do so soon

Related:
working with clay
turtle art tiles project

No comments: