Thursday, April 05, 2012

capitalism kills

Suicide note left by the 77 yo Greek pensioner who shot himself dead outside parliament on Wednesday morning:
 "The government has annihilated all traces for my survival, which was based on a very dignified pension that I alone paid for 35 years with no help from the state.

 "And since my advanced age does not allow me a way of dynamically reacting... I see no other solution than this dignified end to my life, so I don't find myself fishing through garbage cans for my sustenance."
- Greek unrest after pensioner suicide beside parliament
Update: 9th April Amazing. Not only does capitalism kill but the capitalist media censored out the identification of the enemy and the call to arms in the above suicide note. So someone commits suicide and leaves a protest note. The capitalist media edits the contents. It's upsetting that we don't have a free press. But not only is it not free it also slimy and manipulative and can't even honour the final wishes of its own victims. The full message reads:
The Tsolakoglou government has annihilated all traces for my survival, which was based on a very dignified pension that I alone paid for 35 years with no help from the state.

And since my advanced age does not allow me a way of dynamically reacting (although if a fellow Greek were to grab a Kalashnikov, I would be right behind him), I see no other solution than this dignified end to my life, so I don’t find myself fishing through garbage cans for my sustenance.

I believe that young people with no future, will one day take up arms and hang the traitors of this country at Syntagma square, just like the Italians did to Mussolini in 1945. source
BBC slimy version
NYT slimy version

No comments: