GPT-6 Astra Breaks an Old Enigma Message
-
This is pretty amazing:
However, the most astonishing thing about this break is that the GPT6
Astra did it entirely on its own. Carter Leffer only direc...
What's the Point of AI, Anyway?
-
*The point of AI is profit, dependence and dominance cloaked with Happy
Story Hoopla about super-abundance. We have a super-abundance already--of
malicious...
The Word Economics Erased
-
Michael Hudson on why economic rent, the concept classical economists spent
a century arguing over, disappeared from the textbooks, and what recovering
i...
How deep is Tulainyo Lake?
-
Regular readers may recall that I put a visit to Tulainyo Lake on my bucket
list a few years ago. Last week I did it. Impossibly remote, otherworldly
beaut...
Saturday Is For Chores
-
Walking in the city center of ‘s-Hertogenbosch this afternoon, I saw this
person fixing their bike. In the midst of shoppers, tools were spread out
and foc...
Trump Is Definitely Considering Nuking Iran
-
Source: Hotpot.aiTrump is in a tight spot with the Iran war and needs to
find a way out before the midterms. A tactical nuclear strike on Iran's
nuclear ...
LLMs and self-referentiality
-
I woke up yesterday with the following thoughts, which are probably either
obvious or dumb. A central thesis that many readers, including me, took
from Dou...
Stonehenge I Moon Circle and ECDO Theory
-
Our speculation in this article, particularly as it pertains to Structure 5
of the earliest rendition of Stonehenge — a moon circle, rather than a sun
circ...
Math after AI
-
For a very long time, my favorite activity was to sit and think about
mathematical questions. Staring at a blank sheet of paper, trying to grasp
in my mind...
A week of fika: ACM ICER 2026
-
A peaceful Wednesday night by the water.
By the end of this academic year, I needed a vacation. It was a year of
major disruptions to my federal research f...
Climate Etc. is now an archive
-
Climate Etc. closed in June 2026 and this site is preserved as a read-only
archive. This feed will not update again -- visit the homepage for where to
find...
Spring 2026 PCAS Update: Recruiting a new Lecturer
-
My last update on the University of Michigan’s Program in Computing for the
Arts and Sciences (PCAS) was in March 2024 (see post here). I did give some
upd...
Some thoughts about Bondi
-
Why did it happen? I think that the combination of four factors (listed
below) was close to a sufficient cause. Sufficient at least to make a
terrorist att...
No comments:
Post a Comment