The E6 Root Polytope
-
I’ve been thinking about the exceptional Lie algebra E6, as a spinoff of my
project on E7, so I want to get a good mental picture of the E6 root
polytope. ...
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it
-
Yesterday, after second lunch for the ducks, I was chatting with a grad
student in medical research when I was—as I often am—besieged by squirrels
begging ...
Disclosure Seems Unlikely
-
Many who hold the plausible belief that some UFOs are caused by strange
strong (“alien”) powers now believe that the US (and maybe other) govts
have long b...
Keynes’s Unfinished Monetary Revolution
-
An oil shock becomes a debt crisis, then a political rupture. The coming
defaults may finally break the creditor rules built into the dollar system.
The p...
Trump Is Definitely Considering Nuking Iran
-
Source: Hotpot.aiTrump is in a tight spot with the Iran war and needs to
find a way out before the midterms. A tactical nuclear strike on Iran's
nuclear ...
The US Navy just lost another war
-
… but that won’t change any minds It’s now six months since the US-Israel
war on Iran began with air attacks which killed the Iranian leader
Ayatollah Kham...
We're Living in a Tragicomic Parody
-
*It's hard to take a joke when our entire economy and financial system is
the joke. *
*We're blessed/cursed to be living in a very peculiar era in which p...
NOW Page Update
-
Service announcement: I have updated my NOW page. A Now page contains the
general activities I’m spending time on these days. It contains the things
I’d me...
The History of Economics?
-
from Peter Radford “Adam Smith said a bunch of stuff that was mostly
right. Marx said a bunch of stuff that was wrong. Keynes fixed some
things up, messe...
LLMs and self-referentiality
-
I woke up yesterday with the following thoughts, which are probably either
obvious or dumb. A central thesis that many readers, including me, took
from Dou...
Stonehenge I Moon Circle and ECDO Theory
-
Our speculation in this article, particularly as it pertains to Structure 5
of the earliest rendition of Stonehenge — a moon circle, rather than a sun
circ...
Steve Jobs in Exile
-
We all know the Steve Jobs who came back in the late 1990s and saved Apple
from becoming a footnote. And we’ve all heard the story of how, in 1985, he
wa...
Math after AI
-
For a very long time, my favorite activity was to sit and think about
mathematical questions. Staring at a blank sheet of paper, trying to grasp
in my mind...
A week of fika: ACM ICER 2026
-
A peaceful Wednesday night by the water.
By the end of this academic year, I needed a vacation. It was a year of
major disruptions to my federal research f...
Climate Etc. is now an archive
-
Climate Etc. closed in June 2026 and this site is preserved as a read-only
archive. This feed will not update again -- visit the homepage for where to
find...
In Defense of the Marginal Baby
-
This Father’s Day, I took some notes on parenting and put them together
here. The purpose of this post is to strongly advocate for people to
increment thei...
Retracing steps
-
This is sort of a follow-up to the My journey series. In that, I talked
about learning programming on 8-bit computers, and progressing onto much
more power...
Spring 2026 PCAS Update: Recruiting a new Lecturer
-
My last update on the University of Michigan’s Program in Computing for the
Arts and Sciences (PCAS) was in March 2024 (see post here). I did give some
upd...
Some thoughts about Bondi
-
Why did it happen? I think that the combination of four factors (listed
below) was close to a sufficient cause. Sufficient at least to make a
terrorist att...
No comments:
Post a Comment